We believe that investing in your diving career leads to a safer, more fun diving experience. Our instructors have decades of experience teaching dive courses worldwide, from beginner to technical diving. We are still as passionate about diving as the first day we got underwater.
We will design your courses to fit around you, to make sure you get the best vacation experience.
Take your first breaths underwater with our experienced dive team. We have top of the range dive kit and are here to make sure you are safe and come away with the best understanding of our underwater world.
Introduction Scuba Dives – Approximately three hours, we go over basic dive theory and safety, introduce you to the equipment and then take you underwater.
Full Open Water Course – Approximately 2-3 days, you’ll learn about diving theory and safe diving practices, how to put your equipment together then plan and execute a dive.
The Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
Upon successful completion of the Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in Advanced Diver and Specialty courses
RATES AND DETAILS
The Open Water course is split into three sections.
- Online theory (approximately five hours) – Safe diving practices and history
- Confined (pool) sessions – Learn your safety skills and get familiar with your kit
- Four Open Water dives – Put your skills into practice by planning and executing a dive in the ocean
We highly recommend that you complete your online theory (purchased through us) and confined sessions at local dive center before you arrive, so that you only have your Open Water dives to do, therefore getting maximum diving time on our beautiful reef. All equipment and tanks included.
- Open Water Online Theory Course – $115
- Confined Pool Sessions and Open Water Dives (theory already complete), 2-3 days – $375
- Open Water Dives Only (Theory and Confined sessions already completed) – $325
- Full Open Water (Online Theory + Confined + Open Water dives), 3-4 days – $475
Avanced Open Water
Great divers have great buoyancy. Take your skills to the next level!. The Advanced course is comprised of five dives over two days. These dives include the mandatory Deep and Navigation dives then the remaining three dives are chosen from
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent, Junior Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent*
*Note: Junior divers (10-15) can only take specialties approved for their age; Deep Diving: Maximum depth for divers 10-15 is 21 metres / 70 feet; Wreck: Limited penetration minimum age 15.
- Fish Identification: Learn about the fish you’re seeing while you dive.
- Night Diver: The underwater world is very different at night. This dive familiarizes you with safe night dive practices, extra equipment, hand signals and the spectacular underwater life after dark.
- Computer: Learn to use an underwater dive computer.
- Enriched Air Diver: Also referred to as “Nitrox” this dive gives you a chance to try diving with a higher oxygen level than regular air, which enables longer bottom times. This dive also is the first of two qualifying dives to obtain and dive with up to 40% oxygen.
- Underwater Naturalist: Understand how the underwater ecosystem functions together.
- Boat Diver: This dive familiarizes divers with boats and common dive practices while on board.
- Multilevel Diver: Learn how to conduct a safe multi-level dive profile to extend your bottom times.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy: This highly recommended dive runs through a series of fun exercises to perfect your buoyancy.
- Wreck: Learning about external wreck diving practices. This is the first of three dives to obtain the Wreck Specialty course. (Note there is an extra government fee of $10 to dive this wreck.)
- Digital Photography: Learn to capture your underwater memories. Peak Performance Buoyancy is strongly recommended in combination with this dive.
- Dive Propulsion Vehicle (DPV): Learn how to safely operate an underwater scooter then enjoy the freedom of covering multiple dive sites in one dive. This dive is pure fun!
Advanced Open Water Course (including online theory), 2 days – $399
One of the best ways to increase your confidence and skills as a diver is to take the Rescue Diver course. This program will take you through theory around rescue and physiology, a series of exercises to build your skill set then will bring the skills together in a scenario practice.
- Minimum age 18 (15 with parental consent)
- Provide proof of current CPR
- Provide proof of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver certification, or equivalent, or Open Water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
The rescue certification course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills for an individual to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, and administer necessary first aid.
You will cover all of the following and more!
- Prevention and causes of diving accidents
- Stress and psychological factors
- Physical conditioning
- Surface drowning syndrome
- Diving lifesaving
- Self rescue
- Diver assists
- Surface and underwater rescues
- Types of transports
- In-water artificial respiration
- Boat and shore exit techniques
- Diver first aid
- Review of oxygen administration
- Hyperbaric injuries and management
- Information collection
- Access to a hyperbaric chamber
- Accident Management
- Access to emergency transport/assistance
- Accident reporting
- Liability and related legal considerations
Some of the in-water skills include:
- On the surface, identify and assist a properly equipped skin or scuba diver simulating:
- Breathing difficulties
- Leg cramp
- Early panic symptoms
- Locate and bring to the surface a scuba diver simulating unconsciousness to the surface from approximately 6 metres/20 feet
- Upon surfacing, transport the unconscious diver 50 metres/150 feet to shore or boat, simulating in-water rescue breathing
- Upon reaching the shore or boat, with the assistance of one aide, remove the diver from the water
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Ability to conduct rescues for divers in distress
- Become qualified to enroll in:
- The SDI Master Diver program
- The SDI Divemaster course
RESCUE DIVER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive emergency planning and execution
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Rescue Diver written examination located in the SDI Rescue Manual with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
Rescue Diver Course, 3 days – $450